Feature (re-)request - Highlight Master Password Box

mattg
mattg
Community Member

This happened to me after enabling TouchID for 1Password.

When using my MacBook Pro at home, with the lid closed and my usual monitor and keyboard, a new annoying "feature" has crept up. In this case, when using 1Password, I have to opt to enter in my master password as usual. I click on the Enter Master Password button, and then look at my keyboard as I start to enter my master password (as I used to do). But when I do, I hear my system alert sounds, and sure enough, I am entering characters for no reason. I have to move my mouse and click in the box (I know, travesty) in order to do so. Please have a look at this. I'm sure it's a tiny bit of code to highlight the main window and get the cursor in that box so that users don't have to click in it.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• mattg
    mattg
    Community Member

BTW this is not the case when using the extensions within browsers, nor when using the menu extra. Only when using the app outright in Mac OS.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattg,

I'm sorry it took us longer than usual to get back to you! You're right - we should definitely be putting the focus in the master password field after the Touch ID prompt is dismissed. I'll let our developers know you're running into that.

Thanks for taking the time to report that! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

ref: OPM-4760

• lucasjw
    lucasjw
    Community Member

This a bother for me, too! While a way to streamline the Touch ID vs. password option for those using the laptop docked/closed would be ideal, a simple active cursor in the password box would go a long way.

• Yip. We most definitely should fix that.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.