plugin causes nonstandard enter key problem on remember me checkbox

Options

This is related to this issue: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/60465/i-am-trying-to-manually-submit-login-pages-by-using-the-enter-key-in-firefox-but-nothing-happens

On a login form, if a "remember me" checkbox is highlighted (by using the tab key), and I hit the enter key to submit the form, the checkbox's check state gets changed before the form is submitted. So what happens is that the "remember me" checkbox becomes unchecked before the form is submitted even though I had checked it. Checkboxes in browser forms are only supposed to change with a keyboard entry if the key is a spacebar, not the enter key - according to browser accessibility standards.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:checkbox enter key

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @robs_scc,

Would I be correct in saying that you're finding this is only present when our extension is installed? If you are, how would you feel about testing the latest beta of our extension which you can find at "1Password Browser Extensions" (https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions?beta=true). Depending on the browser you may find the best approach is to uninstall the stable version, restart your browser and then install the beta. You will need to authorise/pair this new copy of the extension as it's a fresh installation but you won't be bothered after that.

I believe the issue isn't about the use of the enter key itself but a problem that was reported in this other thread, Chrome extension is unchecking "remember me". The beta should hopefully help with this.

If I've misunderstood at all please do correct me.

• robs_scc
    robs_scc
    Community Member
    Options

I tested this beta extension with a test login page and far it works for me. I'm working on a login page and soon others might test it too.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @robs_scc,

Excellent. Thank you for reporting back with your initial findings. Hopefully you will find the extension doesn't throw up any odd behaviour and we can see this in a stable at some point in the future :smile:

This discussion has been closed.