how to change the order in which passwords appear

Options

I'm a web developer, and have access to client accounts in Google as well as my own. I log into my own Google account every day, but rarely log into client accounts. My own Google account is a 1Password Favorite.

In the browser, however, for the past year or so 1Password has listed around 8 client accounts and then I had to click "show more items" to see my own account. Mine was always the first one in the "more items."

I tried changing the name to "a Google donna" to make it appear higher in the list, but that had no effect on the results.

So today I decided to delete some of the passwords I almost never use so that mine would pop up into the main list. I deleted 12 Google password records, including several of the ones that showed up above my own, figuring this would float mine up. But all that 1Password did was to shorten the list of names that it displays and mine is STILL hidden in the "more items!"

See screenshots:

This happens in both Chrome and Firefox. I tried restarting 1Password and the browsers, but that didn't help.

1. This is baffling. It would seem logical to display the most frequently accessed password first.
  2. I would also think that Favorited passwords would float to the top.
  3. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,
Donna
1Password user since 2008

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• firebeyer
    firebeyer
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hey @mcdonna,

Logins should sort alphabetically by name. If you want one to sort to the top you need to mark it as a favorite in 1Password mini by selecting the favorite star under its name.

I believe your problem most likely is related to the website set for the login item vs the page you are logging in at. If you notice in my screenshots only the Google logins that have https://accounts.google.com on them will show up when attempting to login. This can be fixed by adding another website to the login item.

If you don't want to manually add in subdomains to your login items, consider enabling "Allow filling on pages that closely match saved websites" in 1Password 6 -> Preferences -> Browsers which will most likely also fix this issue.

Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers,
    Andrew

• Meek
    Options

Hey @mcdonna,

I'm sorry to hear about all the confusion around the order of logins in 1Password mini! @firebeyer's awesome reply pretty much summed up how things currently work. Let us know if the suggestions he made work for you!

I agree that this could be improved and made a bit more clear. We appreciate the feedback on this so we can see where our customer's pain points are.

This discussion has been closed.