1Password saved my bank password under "web form details" and now won't let me access it.

amtiskaw
amtiskaw
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

I created a password for my online banking through 1Password. Instead of saving it correctly, it has saved the password under the "web form details" part of the login. And for some INSANE REASON it won't even let me read the password back. What the hell is going on?

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: 4.6.4.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:password web form details

Comments

• amtiskaw
    amtiskaw
    Community Member

OK, I think I can see what has happened: In the process of upgrading to 1Password v6, it has just completely wiped the password from the entry entirely.

Great.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @amtiskaw,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble with a Login item! We'll help to figure this out one way or another.

Instead of saving it correctly, it has saved the password under the "web form details" part of the login.

Just to clear up some confusion: when you save a Login item, your password will always be saved in the web form details, as those are the details it saves to help it fill that form in the future. Normally, the username and password that are saved in the web form details are also shown at the top of the Login item details. Is the problem that the password only appears in the web form details, and not at the top of that Login item?

And for some INSANE REASON it won't even let me read the password back.

I'm not sure what you mean, can you please elaborate on that? Are you seeing black dots instead of your actual password? If so, go to the View menu and disable the option for Conceal Passwords. Once you do that, are you able to see the actual password in the web form details?

In the process of upgrading to 1Password v6, it has just completely wiped the password from the entry entirely.

Again, I don't quite understand - do you mean one or more of your Login items are completely missing their passwords after upgrading to 1Password 6? Are the passwords shown in the web form details? Or are the password fields just completely empty? That definitely shouldn't happen, and I'm not sure how it could have. But I might be misunderstanding. If you can be a bit more specific about what's happening on your end, we should have a better idea of how to help. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.