How to use 1P for an elderly relative who keeps losing and changing passwords..

Options
nelly2010
nelly2010
Community Member

My dad keeps losing his passwords and resetting them frequently, which is really confusing to him and his children. I think Keychain Access may be asking to save his passwords, then he gets confused, its he logging into the computer, the email program, etc? Then we have to fix and reset. Maybe it is financial sites that have multiple log in screens, I am not exactly sure. I don't want to add another complexity with a password manager, because even my 1P is not consistent on financial sites, but he needs help, and we keep getting locked out of programs and web sites....thanks for any suggestions!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to use 1P for an elderly relative who keeps losing and changing passwords..

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @nelly2010 - I can completely understand your situation. I run into the same issue with my Dad. Have you ever considered trying out 1Password Families? It's been a lifesaver for me.

When you sign up for a Families plan you have the ability to invite up to 5 family members per subscription. Each family member has access all of our apps (Windows, Mac, Android and iOS). You can even view your 1Password data via the web from any device. There is no sync set up required since we take care of all the syncing on our end. Each family member by default receives a Personal & Shared vault. Personal vaults can only be accessed by that member, not by you or anyone else. All members also get access to a Shared vault, and you can create additional vaults to share with specific members and manage things a bit more. Remember I mentioned how Families has been a lifesaver, now let me tell you why. I invited my dad to join my Families account as a Guest.

Guest Accounts have all the same benefits of a regular family member. They have access to all the apps, web access, and auto-sync. The only difference, Guest Accounts, only have access to one Shared vault at any given time. Which means I can better manage his account and data if needed.

When I set my Dad up using 1Password, there was no Dropbox to install or sign up for, and I didn't have to set up iCloud. With 1Password Families, I sent him an invitation join the account. He installed 1Password, signed in and was ready to go. He now has access to all of his passwords in one secure location. The best part is all his passwords are unique. He no longer re-uses the same password. Plus I don't receive as many text messages from him asking what his WiFi or Netflix password is :lol:

You can disable iCloud Keychain preferences - https://support.1password.com/disable-browser-password-manager/

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions, we're happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.