To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How to set off dashboard synchronization ?

Options
Lolo2342
Lolo2342
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Memberships

Hi,

Is it possible to keep offline synchronization with my own private cloud (folder sync on synology) and set off the synchronization on my 1password dashboard account ?
I understand that authentication needs online access to my 1password account but what about the vault ? why do I need to upload it in a place that I don't know ?
In fact I am looking for a total privacy and don't want to see my vault uploaded in any other place than my own private cloud.

Many thanks & best regards,

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: folder

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

What devices do you want to sync? It can certainly be done as you want., but precise advice will depend on what you have For the vast majority of people, using 1password.com is easier and pleasanter, but you can manage everything locally yourself if you are expert enough.

• Lolo2342
    Lolo2342
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Danco,

I mean synchronization between few PC sharing a cloudstation folder from synology.
    It is not a question of user experience as you mention the vast majority of people, I confirm 1password is really good for this.
    But the point is regarding a functionality for a total security, I really don't want to see my vault on the "dashboard 1password" (don't know how it is called).
    Is there a way to achieve it ? Or each password filled will automatically be uploaded on 1password.com ?
    Thanks

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lolo2342 - Thanks for raising this question. You signed up for a 1Password membership (aka subscription). The way that the product works is to have your data in your account on our servers. If you're uncomfortable with that despite our Security Model, I understand. Please contact us and I'll be happy to discuss other possibilities with you. :-)

When you contact us you should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

• Lolo2342
    Lolo2342
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Roman,

Glad to raise an interesting question.
    First of all, I want to say that 1password is really nice, easy to use, well designed.
    I have read carefully the security model but I am not totally convinced : ) only because my data are duplicated in a place that I don't totally control. I don't say that I can do better but I am saying that I don't know you : )

I am currently shifting from another pwd manager and will be happy to subscribe 1password if I can totally control my data.
    Of course I don't know all functionalities and I am pretty sure that I need help, so I raised the ticket #URE-49448-114.

Many thanks & best regards

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Lolo2342 - I located your email and it seems like Sean has already replied to it. I'm sure he'll be able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.