Concerned that subscription cloud storage seems to weaken security of 1PW

Options
DoctorDan
DoctorDan
Community Member

I am posting this here because I have gotten no reply to the inquiry I left on the "Talk to a real person" page.

I originally adopted 1PW because Lastpass, which stores data in the cloud and has a web surface to attack, is inherently more vulnerable than the old 1PW model with storage in Dropbox with Dropbox 2FA enabled.

Now you have switched to the very model of cloud/web interaction that I was hoping to avoid. So I asked:
If I subscribe (family subscription) do I have the option to sync via Dropbox or am I forced to use your server and be "protected" by your security scheme?

I ask because my wife's Lastpass is up for renewal and I need to decide whether to switch to Families and include here, keep on as current with the ?obsolete app and a LP account, or abandon 1PW and go back to LP with 2FA through Yubikey.

It's worth noting that the price of 2 LP premium accounts is 40% of the price of a Families subscription, for however that figures into the calculation.

I hope you can provide some good answers, promptly, since I need to take action on my wife's account quickly.

Thank you,
Dan Essin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi DoctorDan - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was able to locate your email and I just replied back to you. When you get a chance reply back to me over there so we can continue the conversation. I look forward to hearing back from you soon :-)

ref: VFC-48535-498

This discussion has been closed.