Cannot uninstall Version 3.8.22 (build 32010) for MAC on iOS 10.12.3

yosemite4
yosemite4
Community Member

I have 6.6.1 and an old version of 3.8.22 (build 32010). When I tried to uninstall 3.8.22 following the instructions here: https://support.1password.com/uninstall-v3-extension/ I first got an error saying it was a trial version (though about 400 passwords are on it). I entered my license key and that made it useable.

Next, I logged into discussions.agilebits .com and followed the following instructions >
"Visit the login page of a website. The website doesn’t matter. Any login page will do. The username and password don’t have to be real, either, since you’re not actually going to submit the login form.
Fill in anything for the username and password on the website’s login page, but DO NOT submit the form.
Click the 1Password "key" button in your browser’s toolbar."

No key in the browser:
Ok, so there was no key in the browser, only a key in the login details for Safari. I tried Firefox and Chrome, and no key in the browser toolbar. The only place the login credentials were saved were in Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I looked in both versions of 1Password and there is no saved login.

I sent a few emails to support but never heard back.

**Do you have any other workarounds? Any other way to uninstall 3.8.22? **

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: 6.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: LAN

Comments

• @yosemite4,

It sounds like you possibly didn't previously have your browsers setup with the 1Password 3 Extension? You should be able to skip forward to installing the current extension step in your browser to choice.

Let us know if this isn't the case and we can help you further.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.