reading pdfs placed on 1password

oldluddite
oldluddite
Community Member

I have been putting small pdfs in 1Password since this was available. Drag and Drop. Recently I tried to read one of these, and got a popup window that stated: The file “Payoff Account Mazda 3- Confirmation.pdf” could not be opened. It may be damaged or use a file format that Preview doesn’t recognize. Looks like a Preview popup. So, are these pdfs lost forever? I can see several others in various categories in 1Password, as they no longer have the Preview icon in front of them and I get the same popup. And I cannot open them with other programs. This is data lost, and I was looking at the above because I needed that information and can't get it.
So, you have a fix?

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: via LAN
Referrer: forum-search:reading pdf on 1password

Comments

• oldluddite
    oldluddite
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

I can provide examples of pdfs that no longer are openable, but you will need to email me for that, it looks like, as this won't let me.
    [email address removed by AgileBits]
    thanks.

• @oldluddite,

I talked to some of the others on the team to see if they had any ideas on the cause here, the only thing we've seen is some App Cleaner products errantly deleting our files.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Rudy

• oldluddite
    oldluddite
    Community Member

Re: [#JGJ-61145-655] 1Password 5 Diagnostics Report for William Hamlin

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @oldluddite! Someone will reply to your email as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: JGJ-61145-655

• oldluddite
    oldluddite
    Community Member

So,any progress?
    This is a loss of data via your program...

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @oldluddite

I'm so very sorry about the delay replying to you. Your email got archived by mistake, I'm so very sorry about that. We'll talk to our developers and find a solution for you. We'll be in touch with you very soon over email. I apologize again for the mess up on our side.

This discussion has been closed.