upgrade issues

Chuck525
Chuck525
Community Member

I'm using 1Password version 5.4 for Mac and cannot upgrade to 5.4.x or to version 6. I haven't been able to get a response from AgileBits. I'm using OS X 10.11.6.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• csmoran9
    csmoran9
    Community Member

hi Chuck,

recently, as of two weeks ago there was an issue with the mac store version and they have to release a new version for the app store. The team did release an email about the issue.

you can download the newest version here direct from agilebits.

https://1password.com/downloads/

cheers,
    Conor

• allfive
    allfive
    Community Member

I'm upgrading the MacOS from 10.8.5 to El Capitan. Do I install the 1PW upgrade before or after updating?

Currently, when I enter my license for an upgrade from v. 3.8.22, I get the option to upgrade to only to v4 (apparently). How do I get to v5 or v6 and do I need them? Thx.

(BTW, your menu link to "Support" and "Contact" can't be accessed from Safari because "a secure connection cannot be established".

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The upgrade from 1PW3 to 1PW4 was a paid upgrade. The upgrades to 1PW5 and 1PW6 were free. I think that's why you only see that option.

You should consider the fairly recent subscription option. AgileBits are plugging it as the best approach for all new and most old users. For details see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest.

• allfive
    allfive
    Community Member

Thx. Do I upgrade and install before or after updating to El Capitan?

• Chuck525
    Chuck525
    Community Member

Connor,

When I followed the link in your comment, it installed a Read-Only version that requires a purchase to activate. Unless I am doing something wrong (definitely a possibility), it is does not upgrade my existing version 5. Upgrades used to be completely automatic and no trouble for even an idiot like me. When did IPW become so difficult to use? Btw, I bought IPW directly from AgileBits, not from the App Store.

Thanks,
    Chuck

• @chuck525,

It sounds like you installed the Mac App Store version if you're seeing Read-Only though, as that should be the only place where that shows up. If you had an unlicensed and expired demo of the Agile Store version it would say "Trial Expired"..

Unfortunately, the way the Mac App Store works, the Agile License isn't transferrable to the version available from Apple's storefront.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.