Updated 1Password on one of my Macs, syncing ok with iPhone, but not with my second Mac.

jay_goldman
jay_goldman
Community Member

Longtime user and lover of 1Password. I recently updated 1Password on one of my Macs (Sierra 10.12.3) to 1Password version 1Password Version 6.6 (660013) Mac App Store. It works well and is syncing well with my iPhone. However, it's NOT syncing with my laptop (Sierra 10.12.3), where I'm using the same version of 1Password. Can you help?

1Password Version: 6.6 (660013)
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jay_goldman,

Lets take a peek under the hood and see how the two Macs are syncing, that might present some differences we can iron out.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your two Macs:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number for both reports here so we can track down the reports and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see those reports we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

– Andrew

• jay_goldman
    jay_goldman
    Community Member

That's pretty impressive! Here are the two references:
    [#NDR-45168-297]
    [#PTB-63164-628]

• @jay_goldman, thanks for sending those Reports in, I've had a look at them and will respond via email.

• jay_goldman
    jay_goldman
    Community Member

Many thanks for your help. I'm left with one problem, and that is how to migrate items from my Primary vault (the one synced with dropbox) into my Personal vault (the one associated with my 1Password.com account). Not having done that when I first set up the account, I can't figure out how to do it now. The same question for my iPhone.

• Hi @jay_goldman,

We have a guide for moving items between vaults: https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/

Just select all the items in your Primary vault, Choose Item > Share, from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Then copy or move the items to your Personal vault.

Give that a try and let me know how it goes.

– Andrew

• jay_goldman
    jay_goldman
    Community Member

Before I do that: I have a Primary Vault, and then under my name, a Personal and a 1Password Vault. My Primary Vault has 612 items, my Personal Vault has 618 items, and my 1Password Vault has zero. I seem to have lost control over all of this :-(

Which Vaults do I need, and which ones can I delete?

• Hi @jay_goldman,

A 1Password.com membership includes by default, a Personal vault. 1Password.com members can also create more vaults which is why you see a 1Password vault below Personal under your name. It's a vault you created (you can remove it if you wish, as it contains zero items).

It looks like maybe all you items got migrated from your Primary (the old non-1Password.com vault) to your Personal vault. As long as you're sure you got everything moved over to Personal, you can remove your Primary vault.

I hope that clears up the confusion.

– Andrew

This discussion has been closed.