Item removed from from a vault with an error menu_type_conflict_1

nikolai_piskunov
nikolai_piskunov
Community Member

When syncing between an iPhone and a Mac several items just vanished without a trace. They did not appear even in the trash. After restoring the vault from backup items appear without a title and with an error: menu_type_conflict_1.. No warning or error message was issued. Syncing was done with dropbox. 1Password version is 6.6.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:menu_type_conflict_1

Comments

• Hi @nikolai_piskunov ,

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Kevin

• nikolai_piskunov
    nikolai_piskunov
    Community Member

Hi Kevin,

I did produce a diagnostics report and mailed it to support@agilebits.com. I never seen a message from bitbot. I assume my mail server spam filter killed it. Should I mail it again with a link?

Nikolai

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nikolai_piskunov,

I wasn't able to find your email when I searched for the email address associated with your forum account, so if you sent it from that address and didn't get an automated reply back from BitBot, that mostly likely means we didn't receive it. If you check the "sent" folder in your email, does it show that message was successfully sent?

Please try again to send a diagnostics report to support+forum@agilebits.com and if it still won't go through / gets blocked, you can certainly send us an email with a link to download your report. Thanks! :)

• nikolai_piskunov
    nikolai_piskunov
    Community Member

Just sent it again to the address you mentioned. Nikolai

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nikolai_piskunov,

I'm still not finding an email from you when I search for the address from your forum account. Is that the email address you used in order to send the diagnostics report? Did you receive an automated response from BitBot this time?

• nikolai_piskunov
    nikolai_piskunov
    Community Member

Nope, no reply from BitBot.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nikolai_piskunov,

Sorry for the delay. I still can't find your diagnostics report email in our system, so it doesn't seem like we're receiving anything from your end. You mentioned sending us an email with a link to download your diagnostics report - would you be able to try that instead? If something is blocking your email from being sent due to the attachment, a link to download it from another service should take care of that.

• nikolai_piskunov
    nikolai_piskunov
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

Look at the bottom of this page [removed by AgileBits]

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @nikolai_piskunov! After downloading the report, I removed the link from your post, assuming you don't want that to remain public. Kevin and I took a look through the diagnostics report but couldn't find anything to definitively explain why some items are missing or why they were restored incorrectly from the backup.

I noticed you have 3 vaults in 1Password on your Mac. Please make sure you check each of those three vaults (and possible the Trash of each vault) to see if you can find copies of those missing items anywhere. (In the main 1Password app on your Mac, you can use the vault switcher in the top left corner of the window to select a vault.)

Did those items disappear from both your iPhone and Mac, or do you still have them on your iPhone? If you still can't find those items on your Mac, but if you have them on your iPhone, please create a backup of the 1Password data on your iPhone and save it to your Mac by following the steps here: iOS: Create a backup

Also, do you sync all 3 of your vaults to your iPhone? If so, and you have all the data in all 3 vaults on your iPhone, one option will be to reset 1Password on your Mac and restore it with the backup from your iPhone. Once we hear back from you, we can get into more specifics. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.