Cannot log into Australian bank (Bank of Melbourne & St. George)

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Login issue - Re opening it ..

Comments

• DingoBlue
    DingoBlue
    Community Member
    Options

This problem caused by the banks in Australia and elsewhere is really annoying. I am hoping this thread is indicating that a solution may be in the pipeline and I am leaving this note so that I can see any feedback as the tests are being undertaken.

Thank you for following through on this issue.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @DingoBlue,

Which Australian bank or banks are you referring to? Sadly there is nothing to report on the bank that ronen was reporting as that bank goes to extraordinary effort to try and stop filling. Thankfully not all banks are like this and it's really a case by case situation.

• DingoBlue
    DingoBlue
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @littlebobbytables
    The ones I know of are Westpac, St. George and Bank of Melbourne. There may be others.
    See the thread https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64315/1password-is-changing-password-info-bank-of-melbourne-and-st-george-login-issues
    This solution, in my opinion, weakens the security at those banks as we have to resort to manually handling the security access for those sites rather than use a secure environment such as 1Password. We are initiating the move of all of our company accounts away from 2 of those banks for this reason alone but the concern, of course, is that more banks will follow.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @DingoBlue,

What version of the 1Password Browser Extension do you have installed? We made some changes to better handle those banks in version 4.6.2 (we are currently on 4.6.3). While there still isn't much we can do about saving on those sites you should find we fill as long as 1Password is storing the real password in the Login item and not the mangled one that 1Password will see if you save from within the browser.

• DingoBlue
    DingoBlue
    Community Member
    Options

Version 6.6.1 (Mac - not from Apple Store).
    Just tested it again; no change.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DingoBlue,

The version of 1Password for Mac won't matter here. What is important is:

1. Does the Login item for this bank correctly display the real password when you view it? A Login item saved from inside the browser can only see the obfuscated version, it is unable to know what the real password was. If the obfuscated password is present it will need replaced with the real one. If copy and paste works it does store the real one.
    2. Version 4.6.2 or better still, the current version 4.6.3 of the 1Password Browser Extension. Your browser should be keeping this up to date but if it isn't for any reason you may be stuck on an older version and that would explain why you're not seeing the improved success others have reported.
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @DingoBlue,

I've split your comments off from the other thread as it was beginning to cause confusion with the incompatibility with the unrelated bank. We'll keep the conversation going here now.

• DingoBlue
    DingoBlue
    Community Member
    Options

All working now - BRILLIANT.
    Thanks to all for whatever they did to solve this issue.
    :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DingoBlue: Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know it's working for you now, and for the kind words! It's bene a long road. Hopefully nothing changes there for a while so we can all enjoy a much needed reprieve from these login issues. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.