Category language does not fit to system language

Yaping_Wang
Yaping_Wang
Community Member

I'm using Chinese on my Mac, however, all the categories went into English after I move all the items from local database to a subscribed account. I've found everywhere in the application, but could not found settings for it. How can I deal with the problem?
PS: I know it's not a important problem, I'm just a OCDer. :)

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.6 (660013) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:language

Comments

• DraVen
    DraVen
    Community Member

I have the same problem with German and a 1Password account.

• demonts
    demonts
    Community Member

So am I, for example: 'large type' instead od 'Große Schrift'

• Hi all,

So there are a couple different issues at work here, and I will try and address each of them individually.

There is an issue with the current German localization (@demonts, @draVen) where certain words such as Large Type, Copy, Reveal and a couple others have duplicate entries and only one of them has been translated by the localizer, this should be resolved in a future update.

The second issue which impacts @draven and @Yaping_Wang is that the categories in 1Password.com Account vaults aren't localized, this is because those values are being provided by the server and we do not yet have the server supplying a localized version of those strings.

Rudy

• kieselit
    kieselit
    Community Member

I see that this thread here is a little bit older, but I just looked for this kind of issue. And I just want to say that I would really appreciate if the server part could be localized at some time in the future. Thank you! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kieselit: Thanks for letting us know. We're anxious for this as well. I can't say when it will be ready, but we're working on making 1Password.com localized as well.

This discussion has been closed.