I updated and installed 1Password 6, but I only have OS X 10.9.5. Can I go back to 1Password 4?

kathleenkuhlman
kathleenkuhlman
Community Member

I uploaded and installed 1Password 6 because 1Password 4 stopped working on my 1Pad. Now I can't get into my 1Password files on any of my devices--not Mac, not iPhone, not iPad! My Mac is from 2009--Yosemite 10.9.5--and the Genius Bar advised against Sierra upgrade (it's too old.) 1Password 6 information said it was compatible with Yosemite (didn't say it had to be Yosemite 10.10.) I can't get (or can't figure out how to get) a Yosemite update to 10.10. And I'm stuck not having ANY of my passwords now. So how do I go back to 1Password 4 and get my passwords back?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.9.5
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:I updated to 1password 6. Can I go back to 1password 4?

Comments

• Hi @kathleenkuhlman,

I'm sorry to hear you're in this position. I think part of the problem is that 10.9.5 is Mavericks, and not Yosemite.

Let's get you fixed up. It should be relatively simple:

1. Drag 1Password 6.app from Applications over to the trash. If you're running any kind of "app cleaners" that offer to erase information when you delete an app, you'll want to say No if it asks you.
    2. Next up, let's download 1Password 4 from our site https://agilebits.com/downloads . Scroll to the bottom under Legacy, there's a download link for 1Password 4.4.3 which will work on 10.9.5.
    3. Drag the downloaded app into /Applications.

Run 1Password 4 from Applications.

That should have you up and running again. Let us know how that goes.

Rick

• kathleenkuhlman
    kathleenkuhlman
    Community Member

To Rick: Oh THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!! All hail to technically able people! (Sorry I thought I had the wrong OS. I'm from NY and all those western places and names sort of blend together.)

• Hah. I can certainly sympathize with that. I miss the cat based names.

I'm really happy to hear that you're up and running again. Do let us know if you run into any more issues. We're here to help.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.