Will my primary vault (my only vault) Pwrd be the same as 1Password login?

docjwt
docjwt
Community Member

Currently using 1P on iOS 10.2.1 and Macos Yosemite, with my only Vault residing on Dropbox. I am wanting to change the location of the vault to iCloud but when I try to redirect on my iPad 1P to change the sync setting to iCloud on my iPad, it asks for a password. The 1P settings on the iPad have this pathway as my current vault location. "/iPads 1Pass/1Password.agilekeychain". Does this suggest that the location is on dropbox?

When trying to change the 1P vault location on my iPad, I have tried using my 1P login pw without success. The "Hint" that comes up when changing the sync suggests a pw that is not consistent w the login pw. Where is the setting for the "hint"?

Is it possible or likely that I have a 2nd PW just for the vault? When I look at the history of pwd's used for my 1P log in, none of them reflect what the hint should be suggesting and using the hint gives me a "incorrect pw" message. Help!

When I retrieve "Get info" on the "Dropbox" folder of my mac, it shows only my current login as having read/write privileges. Could this be the problem?

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: currently on Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:is my primary vault (my only vault) Pwrd the same as 1Password login?

Comments

• @docjwt,

It sounds like you have some previous version of a vault in iCloud that had a different password on it. To reset what's in iCloud you'll want to go to 1Password -> Settings -> Advanced -> Erase iCloud Data and then set your devices up to use iCloud again, this should clear out your stale data from iCloud and allow you to sync your current data up.

There is no setting for hint, it is baked into the vault when you create it.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.