Hard to distinguish between accounts for different people

Options
invictus26
invictus26
Community Member

I share a family account with my girlfriend, and there are a number of things like SSNs, frequent flyer accounts, etc. where we each have our own, but we want to share them (e.g. if I'm booking a flight and want to enter her frequent flyer number). The way I'm handling that is putting these into separate vaults (one for me, one for her). The problem is that they show up in search as just "AAdvantage" or whatever, and then I have to look at the entry to see which vault it's in. Ideally, if two items have the same name, they could also include the vault name so it's easier to distinguish between them.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @invictus26,

Thanks for the feedback. I'd be curious to know if what we currently do for Login items would be sufficient for you. In 1Password mini, if you search for logins and there are multiple (I have 4 different Google accounts for example), it will append the username of the account to help me differentiate between them.

We've struggled with showing which vault items belong to in mini as it becomes very cluttered quickly. It's valuable information, we just need to figure out a way of presenting it that doesn't add too much noise.

Rick

• invictus26
    invictus26
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, that presentation would be great for 1Password mini. It would also be necessary in the main app list view

• ssoroka
    ssoroka
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @invictus26,

In the mean time as a work-around, you could try something like adding each person's name to the item somewhere, maybe the "tags". This should let you filter the items in search by typing one of your names in addition to the other search criteria.

Steven

This discussion has been closed.