Purchased apps long time ago, account now frozen

jmburnz
jmburnz
Community Member

I believe I tried a 30 day trial and now that has ended, and now my apps are frozen. Please unfreeze them, I have already paid for them some years ago, I see no reason why I should be forced to buy a subscription to keep using something I've already paid for.

Thank-you, and yes, I am more than a little annoyed that I must waste my time posting this and waiting around for you to fix it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX, iOS, Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @jmburnz,

Thanks for trying out our new 1Password memberships! I'm sorry for the confusion.

Our new 1Password memberships are by far the best way to use 1Password, however we are not forcing anyone to switch. If you're happy with the 1Password apps you purchased a few years ago, then you're welcome to keep using those versions.

That said, I'd highly recommend subscribing to a 1Password membership as it includes all future updates of all the 1Password apps, automatic syncing without having to manually configure anything and many other awesome benefits.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll continue from there.

• jmburnz
    jmburnz
    Community Member

I can't sync my devices - it worked before, I use dropbox for this but you are preventing this working now, and instead plaster my screen with "brrrr your account is frozen" rubbish.

How on earth you have the audacity to sit there and say you're not forcing anyone to take the subscription is utterly beyond me, the Apps DO NOT WORK like they use to.

I want to use my apps like they used to work, that is what I want, that is what I paid for - and take your bloody frozen messages away.

• jmburnz
    jmburnz
    Community Member

Enough is enough, too much bad blood, you're running what amounts to little more than a scam, a scam to screw over past customers who in good faith purchased apps and now cannot use them as they had before. This is disgusting way to treat existing customers who helped build this company by paying very high price for a suit of apps to work on all devices, frankly I am appalled by how Agilebits are handling this. So no, don't dam well bother. I am walking away and you will NEVER see another dollar from me ever again.

• Meek
    edited March 2017

Hey @jmburnz,

I'm really sorry for the frustration around this.

If you would like to continue using your data in Dropbox, you are more than welcome to. When first starting up 1Password, all you need to do is choose to find your existing data in Dropbox. It sounds like instead you (accidentally) signed up for a free trial of our 1Password memberships - this is why you're now seeing the frozen messages.

If you would like to continue using Dropbox, simply start over on your Mac, and then when launching 1Password for the first time choose the option to locate your existing data in Dropbox (rather than signing into a 1Password.com account). It'll continue working as you're used to and you won't get any frozen messages in the app anymore.

Again, I'm sorry for the frustration this caused!

This discussion has been closed.