How do I transfer data from dropbox version 1password to new 1password.com version?

jeffandjody
jeffandjody
Community Member

I just created a 1password.com account. How do I upload/transfer all my data from my old 1password account (the version using dropbox)? I tried using the instructions on "the import to 1password" page ("Move your existing 1password data to a 1password account"). I scan the barcode and sign in and get a message that my my 1password account has already been added. But, when I check my 1password.com account my vaults do not exist - have not been transferred.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• firebeyer
    firebeyer
    Community Member

Hello @jeffandjody,

Did you have more than one vault previously set up on 1Password before creating your 1Password account? If so you might need to move your items to your 1Password accounts vault(s) manually. Check out this article here for how to do it.

Cheers,
    Andrew

• jeffandjody
    jeffandjody
    Community Member

Andrew, thank you for the reply. You're right, I had more than one vault. I was able to transfer the vault information manually.

Jeff

• firebeyer
    firebeyer
    Community Member

@jeffandjody,

Excellent! It's way easier for users when they only have 1 vault as information can automatically be migrated, but I'm glad the manual process worked for you.

Cheers,
    Andrew

• Good morning @jeffandjody,

Excellent to see that @firebeyer was able to help you out with this. Hopefully we can make this process smoother in the future.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.