Free upgrade to 6.6 from the Mac App Store?

This discussion was created from comments split from: Standalone Version at Mac Store?.

Comments

• JPinB
    JPinB
    Community Member

Looking for clarification. I have v. 6.5.3, purchased in the App Store. I initially purchased many years ago directly from AB, but then at some point (I don't remember when) moved to the App Store. App Store keeps informing me an update (v. 6.6) is available. If I install that update, will I then have to make an in-app purchase to keep my standalone? Or does it hook into the purchase I previously made in the App Store?

• JPinB
    JPinB
    Community Member

Looking for clarification. I have v. 6.5.3, purchased in the App Store. I initially purchased many years ago directly from AB, but then at some point (I don't remember when) moved to the App Store. App Store keeps informing me an update is available. If I install that update, will I then have to make an in-app purchase to keep my standalone? Or does it hook into the purchase I previously made in the App Store?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@JPinB ,
    I am running 1P from the Apple App Store. I upgraded to 6.6 from the Mac App Store and it doesn't require you make an in-app purchase to keep your standalone. Its a free upgrade.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@toasted: I hope you don't mind, but I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on your situation.

Indeed. toasted is right on. The App Store handles all of this for you, so if you purchased it there, it will validate it when you install, so there shouldn't be anything you need to do there. But if you do run into trouble, just let us know so we can help! :)

• JPinB
    JPinB
    Community Member

Thank you @toasted and @brenty. I have applied the update from the App Store. Things seem to be fine right now!

• Right... anyone who purchased from the Mac App Store before the app went free effectively gets the standalone in-app-purchase for free when they upgrade. It doesn't quite work exactly like that, but you can think of it that way.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.