To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Activation Pro License on iOS App

Options
JanK
JanK
Community Member

Hey guys!
First things first, I love the stuff you do. But, U have a Quick question. I bought a Pro licenses and already used it successfully within the MacOS app. How could I activate my pro license for the iOS App?
Thanks for your help,
Jan

Comments

• Ferdi81
    Ferdi81
    Community Member
    Options

``how do I activite 1possword with my App and if I'm doing theconecting it will canceling the old password

• Meek
    Options

Hey @JanK and @Ferdi81,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble getting 1Password for iOS all set up.

Are you currently syncing your data with Dropbox or iCloud? If so, then when setting up 1Password for iOS for the first time, you'll need to choose to find your existing data in either location rather than signing into an account.

That said, have you had a chance to check out our new 1Password memberships yet? They include all the 1Password apps for no additional cost and sync everything automatically without having to worry about manually configuring third party sync solutions (and a whole lot more). You can learn more about the differences here:

https://support.1password.com/why-account/

• JanK
    JanK
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Meek, thanks for your quick response.
    In the past, I synced via WLAN between MacOS and iOS.
    Unfortunately, I can't access my Mac in the next couple days. So I guess there's no way to enable my pro subscription on my phone without changing the settings to sync via iCloud or Dropbox in the MacOS App?
    Thanks for your help,
    Jan

• Meek
    Options

Hey @JanK,

That is correct. Unfortunately the older standalone 1Password requires you to set up and configure syncing manually, so without access to the Mac that has all the data, it won't be possible to set up 1Password on your iOS device.

That is one of the great benefits to a 1Password membership - you can simply sign into your account on a new device and instantly get access to all your data. I'd highly recommend checking it out when you get back to your Mac!

This discussion has been closed.