Trial expired [1Password 3 license does not work for 1Password 4 or higher]

This discussion was created from comments split from: Why does it say trial expired when I have purchased a license.

Comments

• evanpoe
    evanpoe
    Community Member

I have a version 3.0 license and used for years on my Mac. Now it says expired. How can I get this resolved or is there. New terms of service and I need a new license?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@evanpoe: I hope you don't mind, but since it sounds like you may have a slightly different issue, I've split you off into a separate discussion so we can focus on getting this sorted out for you.

If you purchased a 1Password 3 license, this isn't valid for recent versions. However, a 1Password.com subscription will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

That way you can always stay up to date with the latest version. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• evanpoe
    evanpoe
    Community Member

So I have the iPad and iPhone apps and can add passwords, etc via those interfaces and sync to dropbox. The Mac version 6.6.1 will see the updates just not allow me to add any. This was not an issue with any of the past versions (4,5, 6, etc.). What changed?

• Hi @evanpoe,

This has always been the case (since v4, I wasn't around during v3 so I can't speak to that). Version 4 had some licensing bugs which would cause it to be more lenient with licensing than we publicly stated. Those bugs were fixed in 5.0 and since then the rules haven't changed since in any meaningful way.

I think we'd need more information from you in order to determine what you're seeing and whether it's a bug on our part.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.