kernel panics

john_jackson
john_jackson
Community Member

FYI, after applying the recent update publicized broadly, I started getting kernel panics on my system (MacBook Air, mid 2013, Sierra 10.12.3) every 30 to 60 minutes. When I looked through the error logs in Console it looked like 1Password was the executable causing the problem. I have just downloaded and reinstalled 1Password, and rebooted, so we will see if this fixes the problem. I had already done the other common trouble shooting steps, like running Disk Utility multiple times, making sure the OS is up to date, rebooting in safe mode, and running a full virus scan.

I'm posting this in case others are seeing the same pattern. I'll post back here if the re-install does not fix the problem.

1Password Version: 6.6.1
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @john_jackson,

Thanks for writing in and I'm sorry to hear about the kernel panics! I'd be surprised if 1Password alone was causing these issues as it is user space software and I haven't read any other reports of this. If you do continue to see them, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can link it up to this discussion.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID. Please post that ID here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we'll investigate to see if there is anything that stands out that could be causing the problem. Thanks very much!

• jjackson
    jjackson
    Community Member

I never got a confirmation email on my account here, so I created a new account on your forums. I also didn't get a message with a Support ID.

The problem continues, even though I just got another update today for 1Password. I will send the diagnostic report as you suggest.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jjackson,

You won't get a message with a support ID when you sign up on these forums - but you should get an automated reply from BitBot after emailing us a diagnostics report, and the BitBot reply should contain a support ID.

No need to post your support ID here though, as I was able to find your diagnostics report email in our system when I searched for your email address. Thanks for sending that! Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there.

ref: RYI-77995-721

This discussion has been closed.