1PW 6.6.2 autofill not working

Options
Lemal222
Lemal222
Community Member
edited March 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I've tried several times reinstalling safari or Chrome extension, but still not working.

1Password 6
Version 6.6.2 (662005)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: macOS 10.12.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lemal222,

I've moved your message to our Saving and Filling in Browsers forum. I hope you don't mind!

Just to be clear, 1Password doesn't actually have an "auto-fill" feature. In other words, it never fills a sign-in form on a website unless you explicitly tell it to do so (for example, by opening a Login item from the main 1Password app, by selecting the Login item from the 1Password browser extension, or by using the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut in the browser). We explain more about that here: Sign in to a site with 1Password

If you're taking steps to have 1Password fill your Logins on websites but it isn't working, please let us know the following:

• What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill sign-in forms on websites?
    • What happens if you click on the URL field of a Login item in the main 1Password app?
    • What happens if you open a website by choosing a Login item from the 1Password extension in the browser?
    • What happens if you go to a website first, and then choose the matching Login item from the 1Password extension?
    • When using the extension, do you click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, or do you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Lemal222
    Lemal222
    Community Member
    Options

Q: What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill sign-in forms on websites?
    A: Usually, open a website, click 1Password extension icon on Chrome.

Q: What happens if you click on the URL field of a Login item in the main 1Password app?
    A: Open that website but no login.

Q: What happens if you open a website by choosing a Login item from the 1Password extension in the browser?
    A: Open that website, auto fill the form, and auto login.

Q: What happens if you go to a website first, and then choose the matching Login item from the 1Password extension?
    A: Nothing happened.

Q: When using the extension, do you click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, or do you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?
    A: The former.

• dbizzle939
    dbizzle939
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similiar problem

What are the exact steps you normally take to have 1Password fill sign-in forms on websites?
    I click the login button on the 1Password extension

What happens if you click on the URL field of a Login item in the main 1Password app?
    It opens to the login page

What happens if you open a website by choosing a Login item from the 1Password extension in the browser?
    It goes the the website login. The password is not filled

What happens if you go to a website first, and then choose the matching Login item from the 1Password extension?
    It clicks. But the password does not fill

When using the extension, do you click the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, or do you use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut?
    I click the 1Password icon. I do not use the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut. However, I did try the ⌘\ keyboard shortcut, and it did work and filled the password

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Lemal222,

Thanks for writing in and sorry for the trouble with filling. I can see that you're in a Trial of our 1Password Accounts so this should be working for you. However we have been seeing reports of a trial expired message appearing for users. Could you confirm if you're seeing this appear in the 1Password Mini window that appears when you click on the 1Password browser extension button?

It would read something like "Trial expired. Click here to buy." or "Read-only mode. Click here to buy."

Best regards,
    Matthew

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @dbizzle939,

Sorry this isn't working - this restriction is likely due to the app thinking you're still in a trial mode. As I mentioned to Lema222, we have been seeing reports of a trial expired message appearing for users as with the latest version of 1Password for Mac we have added some improvements around this area. Could you confirm if you're seeing the following messages appear in the 1Password Mini window that appears when you click on the 1Password browser extension button?

It would read something like "Trial expired. Click here to buy." or "Read-only mode. Click here to buy."

Best regards,
    Matthew

• Lemal222
    Lemal222
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, expired.

• dbizzle939
    dbizzle939
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it says "Trial expired. Click here to buy."

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hey @Lemal222 & @dbizzle939,

Thanks for both your replies, unfortunately 1Password is only intended to provide the web form filling feature when it's in Trial mode or after being purchased. I'm sorry if we have inadvertently set the expectation that this was a free feature.

If you haven't already signed up I would highly recommend our 1Password Membership which provides you with the full usage of 1Password filling feature among many other great features. If you haven't signed up already you can sign up with the link below:

https://1password.com/sign-up/

If you have signed up and have run through your trial period all you need to do is sign into your 1Password.com Account, choose a subscription and add a credit card. That will unlock all the features as mentioned above.

Hope this helps and if you have any questions at all please let me know.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.