Why are some of my passwords now showing as weak?

jazzman
jazzman
Community Member

After some of the recent updates, several of my passwords are appearing as weak on the strength bar. These passwords are long and complicated, and I'm just wondering how they are appearing as almost nonexistent in the strength bar. Any ideas on this? Do I really need to change them?

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jazzman,

Thank you for taking the time to ask us about that! It sounds like you're running into a known issue in version 6.6.2 which causes it to show some pre-existing passwords as weak even though they should be strong. I apologize for the inconvenience! Our developers are looking into this, although I don't have a timeframe for when a fix will be available.

I'm sorry for the confusion that caused. Aside from that bug, I hope you're enjoying 1Password! If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know. :)

ref: OPM-4897

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG,

I figured as much. I went ahead and changed those passwords anyway. Better to be safe than sorry. I appreciate your help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

No problem, and I'm sorry again for the inconvenience! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

Great and prompt service.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• rafortuno
    rafortuno
    Community Member

I'm having a similar problem. Newly-generated passwords (used to replace existing passwords) are showing as very weak (minimal red bar on the strength meter). If I click the edit button, the meter suddenly shows very strong. Cancelling the edit returns the meter to very weak. Running v.6.6.2 on OSX 10.12.3

• mrw
    mrw
    Community Member

The problem still exists in 6.6.3.

Please fix this, it is very unhelpful, and makes my "Password Strength" based smart folders somewhat useless.

• Completely agreed. This broke due to changes I made and I feel really bad about it. We'll get this fixed up.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.