DropBox Sync on Mac Stopped, and now options for DropBox sync appear to be different

kwcalm
kwcalm
Community Member

Up to 2 weeks ago, 4 devices synchronized without a problem. iMac, MacBook Air, iPhone, iPad. All of a sudden, the sync stopped.
When I went into 1Password Sync Settings, I saw that the sync on the primary computer - iMac was off
"Sync Primary vault with NONE"
I made the selection to Sync Primary vault with Dropbox and was about to choose the local DropBox
1Password offered to synch the file in OPVault instead of Agile Keychain.

I don't know how this will affect the other Mac, iPhone, and iPad.

I am willing to switch my sync method to iCloud from DropBox if that's the easiest way.
I don't want sync errors.

• Should I uninstall 1Password on iPad and iPhone, then reinstall and choose iCloud sync?
  • What are the instructions for switching on the MacBook Pro?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kwcalm,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help! Although you can certainly switch to iCloud if you want to, there's really no need to do that. From your description, it sounds like all you really need to do is re-enable sync with Dropbox on your iMac and choose your existing .agilekeychain file.

1Password offered to synch the file in OPVault instead of Agile Keychain.

When re-enabling sync with Dropbox, it sounds like you chose the main Dropbox folder instead of specifically selecting your .agilekeychain file stored inside of it. In that case, 1Password will create a new sync file in the .opvault format (which is the new default). You could update the sync settings on each device to point to that new .opvault file - however, assuming your other devices are still pointing to the .agilekeychain file, the easiest option is to simply point to that same .agilekeychain file from your iMac:

• On your iMac, open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences.
    • Click the Sync tab, then change the sync setting to Dropbox.
    • Click the Choose button, then select your .agilekeychain sync file from within the Dropbox folder (and click Open).
    • Click Merge with Existing to start syncing (enter your master password if prompted).

Does that help? Let us know how it all goes and if you have any questions. Cheers! :)

• kwcalm
    kwcalm
    Community Member

I looked at the second Mac, and saw an .agilekeychain The main mac seems to have been converted to OPVault.

I just switched to iCloud. It was easier. There were no entries besides those on the main computer that I needed to keep.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kwcalm,

I'm glad syncing with iCloud is working well for you! Feel free to delete the .agilekeychain and .opvault sync files from your Dropbox folder, since you no longer use them.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.