Suddenly every time I launch 1Password, I get an error

kidsdoc
kidsdoc
Community Member

Suddenly every time I launch 1Password, it fails with the following error: 2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper quit unexpectedly.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-helper

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kidsdoc,

I'm sorry you're unable to open 1Password!

It looks like you're using version 6.5.3, so the first thing to try is to install the latest update, which is currently version 6.6.2. If you're using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac, you'll need to download 6.6.2 from our download site and run the .pkg installer. If you're using the Mac App Store version, open the Mac App Store and check the Updates section.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• kidsdoc
    kidsdoc
    Community Member

I realized just after posting that I wasn't running the latest version. An update cured the problem. What is curious, however, is why I never got any notifications that an update was available despite the fact that Automatically check for updates is checked in Preferences.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's good news, @kidsdoc - I'm glad the update solved the problem!

I suspect the reason you weren't being notified about updates is because 1Password wasn't working in general. In other words, if it wasn't running / couldn't be opened, it wouldn't have been able to check for updates.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. Have a great weekend! :)

• kidsdoc
    kidsdoc
    Community Member

1Password was working until the day I posted this. Were there no updates between 6.5.3 and 6.6.2?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kidsdoc,

There were two updates between 6.5.3 and 6.6.2, both of which were recent. If you're interested, you can read about them in the release notes here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM4

You might want to check your Notifications settings for 1Password in case they're turned off (open the System Preferences app, click on Notifications, and select '1Password mini' in the list).

Please let us know if you have more questions about that! :)

• kidsdoc
    kidsdoc
    Community Member

All the alerts for 1Password mini are active and have been for quite a while. Let's see what happens when the next update comes out.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! Hopefully you get a notification about the next update as expected, but if not, we'll be happy to look further into that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.