To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I tried the free trial subscription and now I cannot get back to my original standalone version

Options
methejim
methejim
Community Member

I have tried deleting all the 1pw files and reloading a new version but it does not give me an opportunity to enter the license key, it just asks for my master password then tells me that the account is frozen

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: na
Referrer: forum-search:i want to revert to the non-subscription version

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi methejim - Sorry for the troubles. I noticed you have been working with Laura. She will be replying back to you shortly so let's continue the conversation over there. :+1: Talk to you soon.

ref: LBM-83738-671

• methejim
    methejim
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

I'm relieved to find I'm not the only one to find so much about the vaults inscrutable. I devoted at least 8 hours trying to sync two sets of data together that had evolved on two computers. Then I tried the one month free subscription account trial and everything went haywire. I thought they were trying to force me into a paying account but it was just as you said, they expect everyone to devote their life to having a deep understanding of their product. After deleting the app on each device I still found I could not get back to the non-subscription version. It turned out that it was all about different vaults and different user sign-in accounts. A wonderfully patient support engineer named Laura Rooke < removed by moderator > finally helped me solve the problem. I will attempt to paste her final email below. It should be at the top of their "how-to" page. I don't think they realize how many potential customers get ticked off and quit them forever over this issue:

[Information removed by AgileBits]

• Frank
    Options

Hi @methejim - I'm super happy you had the opportunity to work with Laura :blush: She's amazing and I'm happy to hear everything worked out. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize, as I had to remove some of the information you posted since the instructions you received via email may differ in certain situations compared to yours. Thank you for pointing out where we can improve and I will make sure to bring this up with my team. Have a great day and thanks for sharing :+1:

This discussion has been closed.