I use 1Password6 on my iMac, but can't install it on a new MacBook Pro using Dropbox.

HowardE
HowardE
Community Member

When downloading my 1Password6 license from Dropbox (using 1Password.agilekeychain), I get an error message: "Failed to unlock. Cannot load keychain profile."

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Safari
OS Version: OS x 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I use 1Password6 on my iMac, but can't install it on a new MacBook Pro using Dropbox.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HowardE,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble setting up 1Password on a new Mac!

When you say you're "downloading my 1Password6 license from Dropbox", do you mean you're trying to sync your vault from Dropbox during the 1Password setup procedure? If so, the error message you're getting probably means Dropbox has not yet fully downloaded the entire sync file to the local Dropbox folder. Since this is happening on a new Mac, I suspect that's why this is happening, as Dropbox may not have completely downloaded all your files yet. In that case, it should work correctly once Dropbox has had time to completely download the sync file.

If you try again now, does it work or do you get the same error? If you're still having the same problem, please open the local Dropbox folder on your Mac and find the sync file. Does it have a green circle with a check-mark, or a blue circle with arrows?

This discussion has been closed.