To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Add a device failure - invalid login information

Options
jodamo
jodamo
Community Member

I started on my 1Password Mac, opened preferences, and selected 'add a device'. Then opened the app on my iPad. Scanned the account info and entered the account password. an error msg is returned - invalid login information. I have checked and rechecked, repeated and repeated. The information is, as best I can tell, wholly accurate. What could be happening.

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: Not known
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6 and iOS 10.2.1
Sync Type: Account
Referrer: forum-search:Add a device - Invalid login information

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jodamo! The most likely cause is that the master password you use to unlock 1Password on your Mac is not the same as the master password you chose for your subscription account membership. For example, if you have an old local-only vault present from a previous standalone licence setup of 1Password, then it's the master password of the local-vault that 1Password unlocks with, not the master password of the subscription account.

If you like, you can create a 1Password diagnostics report from your Mac (https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac), and mail it in to our support team at support@1password.com.

Please do not post your diagnostics report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much! :chuffed:

• jodamo
    jodamo
    Community Member
    Options

Hi John,

I'm pretty sure all the passwords (Mac, Account, iPad) are the same. I made them that way. Do I have to do something before running the checker? Should it be done on the Mac or iPad?

Forgive the dumb questions but how do I reference this thread from the email going to support? Cut and paste?

Thanks,
    David

• Frank
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @jodamo - When emailing us, just copy and paste the url link link from this discussion. We look forward to continuing the conversation, let us know if you run into any questions sending the report over to us :+1: Talk to you soon.

ref: XWY-34746-378

• ronroyer
    ronroyer
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. I will follow the email and see what happens

• Frank
    Options

Hi ronroyer - Thank you for sending over the report. I'll get back to you shortly via email once I have a chance to review it. We'll get this squared away for you :+1:

ref: CSG-78497-822

This discussion has been closed.