To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1P6 windows app initial login error

Options
justnishant123
justnishant123
Community Member

Hi,
I have 1P4 windows desktop app installed for the trial version. Now the trial duration is over.
Now I've created a login for 1Password online and downloaded 1P6 desktop app.
When I launch 1P6 desktop app, and give master password for the 1P online account, it says invalid password. I have also tried to drag the barcode from my account's Get the app page into desktop app window before entering the master password, but it still says invalid password.

I have not yet uninstalled 1P4 yet from my machine.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Nishant

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Frank
    Options

Hi @justnishant123 - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm happy to hear you're giving our new 1Password membership a test drive. When you signed up for the 1Password.com account, did you create a new master password or did you use your existing password that you already created using 1Password 4? Sorry just trying to get a better understanding. If this is the case, can you try logging into the account via the web < https://my.1Password.com > and try using your new master password. Please remember this is a public forum and not to share any private information here. Keep me posted and let me know if that helped and if not, we can move the conversation over to email so we can work on this together. :+1:

• justnishant123
    justnishant123
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Frank,
    I have created a new password for 1P online.
    So I have 1P online master password, a 1P4 windows desktop app password and they are different. These work fine.
    The problem is that when I launch 1P6 windows desktop application, it asks for master password. I try giving both the passwords i.e. of 1P online and I P4, but it doesn't takes any.
    1P4 still works and it's firefox extn too.

Thx,
    Nishant

• Frank
    Options

Hi Nishant - Thank you for getting back to me and I appreciate the additional details you provided. To get a better understanding, I just sent you over an email so we can continue the discussion over there. I need to confirm your login credentials and since this is a public forums, it's best we can move it over to email. When you get a chance reply back to me so we can work on this together. Talk to you soon.

ref: ANH-43913-629

This discussion has been closed.