Show vault name under login name in Safari extension

malhal
malhal
Community Member

A long time ago there was a beta screenshot that showed an exciting new feature where the vault name was listed along side the login name in the safari extension. This meant that if you had 2 or more login names that were the same but were in different vaults, e.g. Mum, Dad. Then at a glance you could see Amazon, Amazon (Mum), Amazon (Dad). I was really looking forward to this feature as currently I have Amazon, Amazon, Amazon and thus need to hover over each one and look in the pop up to see the vault.

I was wondering if anyone could explain why this never got implemented, thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:vault

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @malhal,

Thanks for writing in to ask! We added a feature very similar to that last year: Starting in version 6.1, 1Password mini / browser extension will show the username when multiple Login items have the same title. So if you go to Amazon.com and click the 1Password extension icon, and if you have 3 different Login items named "Amazon", you should also see the username for each one, so you can tell which one you want to choose.

If you aren't seeing that, please make sure those three Login items have the same exact title, and make sure you're using the latest version of 1Password (currently 6.6.2) and the latest version of the browser extension (currently 4.6.3). Let us know if it still doesn't work, and we'll continue from there. Cheers! :)

• malhal
    malhal
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG, thanks once I made the items have the exact same title then it worked as you said.

I thought I'd mention that once all items have the same title, there is a minor issue that when searching in the 1Password Mac app, when sort is set to date modified it isn't possible to quickly select the user's item because the list item subtitle is set to the date instead of the user name as it is when sort is set to something else like title.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @malhal,

Glad to hear that's working for you now!

I see what you mean about items with the same name in the main 1Password app - it's harder to tell them apart when the list is sorted by Date Modified, because the usernames aren't shown in the item list. If you don't want to select one of those Logins to see which username is in the item details, you could simply change the sort order back to Title. Or of course, you could always go back to putting something in the Login titles to indicate which one is which, if that worked better for you. There are a few options, so just choose whichever one you like the most! :)

This discussion has been closed.