Wrong login item picked to auto-fill

Options

Okay, my search-fu didn't find the answer to this question that's been nagging me for years. Here's the scenario. I have multiple logins for the same site, in this case for Chase.com, one for my work credit card and one for my personal card. The work credit card login was created first. When I go to the site in my browser and hit the keyboard shortcut for 1P mini, it autofills the work credit card. I don't want it to autofill. I want to choose from the selection of two or more logins.

How do I modify this behavior? I know it must be simple, but I've never been able to find it, probably because I'm searching for it using the wrong terms. Help!

1Password Version: 6.6
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: 1p for Families

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @dombett. Thanks for your post. By default, 1Password matches the URL of the current page in your browser to the URLs of the items in your vaults and checks to see if there is a best match. That best match is determined by whether the subdomain of the current URL is the same as the current one. So, if you had secure.chase.com for one and www.chase.com for the other and you're visiting a URL that starts with secure.chase.com, then that would match better than the www one and it would be chosen by default. To get the behavior you're after, try editing the websites in your Chase logins to both point to the same URL and 1Password should prompt you for which one to use.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• dombett
    dombett
    Community Member
    Options

Ohhhh! That makes sense now. Thanks for letting me know.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad it helped. Let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.