delete a vault

bhadfield
bhadfield
Community Member

I am a 1password single and team user with multiple vaults. I thought that 1password family would be useful but it turns out that it doesn't support multiple users on a single device. Fine. So I don't want it but I keep getting nagged about a frozen account and I would like to delete the vault so that doesn't happen or at least stop the nagging.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delete a vault

Comments

• Hi @bhadfield - Thank you for reaching out to us and I appreciate the feedback. Our 1Password apps don't support switching between different members of the family. You can create separate users accounts on the computer or our web app provides an easy way to sign in using a different account. Back to your question, did you migrate the data over from your Personal vault? I just want to make sure you have access to all your data within your Primary vault before we remove anything. If not, let's move the items over following this guide below - https://support.1password.com/move-share-items/#to-move-items-in-the-apps

Once this has been completed, you can then remove the account from your Mac -

Open & unlock 1Password on your Mac > Click 1Password in the menu bar > Select preferences from the drop down menu > Click on the Account tab and select your account from the list > Click on the "Sign Out" button to remove the account from 1Password.

I hope this helped and let us know if you have any further questions :+1:

This discussion has been closed.