Unable to delete local vaults after migrating to account

This discussion was created from comments split from: Trying to delete local vaults.

Comments

• DaSuss
    DaSuss
    Community Member

I'm also having trouble deleting two local vaults (plus the Primary local vault, if possible) since migrating my information to the Cloud subscription account. I've even purged and emptied trash of all items that had been stored locally - all data remains in my Cloud account. When I select each of the local vaults and attempt to delete them (individually or collectively) from the 1PW menu, the DELETE option (and most others) are grayed out and not available. Thus I cannot delete the empty and unwanted local vaults.

Help?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DaSuss,

I hope you don't mind, but I've split your post into a separate thread so we can focus on this specific issue. Sorry to hear you're having trouble deleting your local vaults!

It sounds like you've already moved all your items from your three old local vaults to your new account vault(s). Now, you should be able to delete your local vaults (you'll need to delete each local secondary vault first before you can delete the Primary vault). Please follow these steps:

1. Open & unlock the main 1Password app.
    2. Click the vault switcher in the top left corner of the window and select one of your local secondary vaults (right below Primary).
    3. Go to 1Password > Delete [vault name] Vault... from the menubar.
    4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 to delete your other local secondary vault.
    5. Switch to the Primary vault and go to 1Password > Delete Vault... in the menubar.
    6. Read the warning that appears, then enter the master password for your Primary vault and click Delete Items and Vault.
    7. Enter the master password for your account (it may or may not be the same as the one for your Primary vault) and click Update Master Password.

Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• DaSuss
    DaSuss
    Community Member

You, Sir, are a great and brilliant professional. Mission fully accomplished. Thanks very much.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! You're very welcome, I'm glad that was helpful for you. And thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it! :)

We're always happy to help, so don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.