Is there a way to remove 1password mini

In2Ndo
In2Ndo
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

Running Mac OS 10.12.3 on a MacBook Pro early 2015. Latest iOS on an iPhone 6.
Is there a way to remove 1password mini without having to uninstall the whole 1password program?
I have never used it. And with this last issue that I just got again even after the manual update to the latest version of 1password. I don't want or have the time to deal with it. specially since I never use it. that is if is not going to break the browser extension or the iOS app that mostly I use.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:removing mini

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

No. 1PW Mini is the heart of 1PW, it does all the hard work. Mind you, on the Mac you don't have to show it in the menu bar, there an option in the General section of 1PW preferences.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @In2Ndo

Thanks for writing to us, I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble with 1Password mini. Danco is right on calling mini the heart of 1Password! It's what allows you to click on the main app and have a site open on a browser, and it's very much what does all the work for the browser extension.

With that being said, if you're still having issues with 1Password mini let us know and we'll be more than happy to walk you through them and make sure everything's back up on its feet for you :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.