1Password's custom drawing fails under Bartender

seeemef
seeemef
Community Member

Why is it that other softwares' menu bar customization works with Bartender, but 1Password when relegated to "Show in Bartender Bar, not in Menu Bar" draws its menu as though its under the main Menu Bar?

It's really shabby for there to be a custom presentation that usurps the UI this way.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

Hi @seeemef! Thanks for your feedback here, I'll pass it on to our Mac team. In the meantime, if you go to Bartender's settings for the 1Password menu item, you can enable the option "Apply fix for popup windows placement" - this will move the 1Password mini window downwards by the height of the Bartender bar. I hope that helps! :chuffed:

ref: OPM-4917

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@seeemef: I see this too on occasion, but it's usually with Dropbox (and other apps from time to time) and not 1Password. To be clear, this isn't a 1Password issue, but we'll see if there's something simple we can do to work around it. This only happens when a 3rd party app modifies normal menu bar behaviour though — in this case Bartender, though I've encountered it elsewhere in the past as well. It annoys me too though. Hopefully we can find a workaround...but that won't help me with all my other menu bar icons. ;)

• seeemef
    seeemef
    Community Member

OK thank you for looking into it and for the tip about "Apply fix for popup."

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

@seeemef You're welcome! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No problem. Glad that helped! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.