Update existing login

ronen
ronen
Community Member

When Update existing login , The 1P popup menu open only similar login .
Is it possible to open ALL LOGINS to choose from another login ?
As I save similar login in different name and I want to murge not only the suggested ones .

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ronen

Thank you for getting in touch with us. Right now, 1Password will give you the option to update existing logins with the URL. Is this consistent with what you're experiencing or are some logins for the same URL missing?

If you do see other all other logins for the same URL, then if I understand correctly what you want is to be able to update an item for a different URL, right? If that's the case, then what you want is to use the same password for more than one site? If so there are a couple of issues with is. First of all, from a security point of view you have to keep in mind that passwords being unique and only ever used once is half of what keeps you safe online. On a more technical point of view, 1Password grabs information from the site to know what it has to fill where so updating for a different site than the one you're in would keep that from 1Password and make it much harder to properly fill in the other site.

If I misunderstood what you were asking, then I apologize! In that case, I'd like to ask you to give us some more details or an example of what you have in mind ;)

This discussion has been closed.