Web browser extension - Form fill does not work anymore

Options

My browser extension no longer fills username and password fields. I have installed the latest version of 1password to correct the 1password mini issue. I've also verified settings per this post https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/

1password still captures new passwords, it just will not form fill.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• matx135
    matx135
    Community Member
    Options

Also, I've tried form filling in both Chrome (Version 57.0.2987.98 (64-bit)) and Safari (Version 10.0.2 (11602.3.12.0.1)) and neither work.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @matx135,

Can you click on the 1Password Browser Extension button in one of your browsers please so that it displays the 1Password mini menu. At the top of the menu is there any text in red and if so what does the message say?

• matx135
    matx135
    Community Member
    Options

Yep. "It says Trial Expired. Click here to Buy."

Guess I never thought that would be the issue - it has said that for what feels like years now and only just now stopped working...

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @matx135,

We recently made how 1Password behaves after an expired trial more consistent over the various scenarios where it can occur. Going forward, if 1Password is in a trial expired state (known as a frozen account if with a 1Password account) you can still access the contents of your vault and copy data but 1Password mini won't assist in filling.

Depending on how you use 1Password you may want to look at our 1Password accounts, a subscription based service. The subscription includes access to the 1Password client on all supported platforms. You can read more about our 1Password accounts at 1Password website and whether it will be a good match for you. If you have any questions at all please do ask.

This has caught a few people out and I'm hoping we can come up with a way that better explains what is happening. It has to be done very carefully though as there are strict requirements in this area in Apple's Mac App Store which we also use. My understanding is it means we can't do something like pop up a message box to explain what has happened. I'm sure the developers will find a way to make it more obvious what has happened.

This discussion has been closed.