Can I Use a Macro to Sign In with 1Password?

joeholmes
joeholmes
Community Member

I know I can load the opening page and log into a site like Facebook with a single menu choice -- selecting Facebook from the Favorites menu in my Safari 1Password extension menu.

Is there a way within 1Password to assign a command key to load a Web page and fill the login info? Or can I set up a macro (I use Keyboard Maestro) so that a command key will do all that for me?

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @joeholmes,

Sorry it took us a bit longer to reply to your question!

1Password doesn't have an option to assign a keyboard shortcut to a specific website. But in case it helps, you can use the ⌥⌘\ (option+command+backslash) keyboard shortcut to open 1Password mini, start typing the name of the Login item to search for it (or use the arrow keys to navigate to it), then press return/enter to use the "Go & Fill" feature.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

• joeholmes
    joeholmes
    Community Member

Thanks! Between those hints and the capabilities of Keyboard Maestro, I should be able to do it.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Just to confirm that I have a Keyboard Maestro macro that fills in one of my identities. If you're used to KM, it's easy to do. Just for safety I added pauses at some points in my macro.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @danco! :)

This discussion has been closed.