Version 6.6.2 no longer reads Mac App Store receipt

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 6.6.2 upgrade "Trial Expired".

Comments

• johnnyNui
    johnnyNui
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

We need other options.
    I've got the same problem as the OP. I guess I originally got it from app store, then got the reg key emailed to me.
    I've had to restore the previous version too.
    I really need another option for this because I cannot update via the app store because app store has a problem with my country. it thinks I am still in the UK so app store even tho i've changed my location settings. Now it tells me it must connect to USA app store, but then fails to connect, so I cannot reinstall from the app store.

-- edit
    I since managed to switch store, but now my 'purchased' list is empty , so I cannot re-install anyways.

huge problem since I rely on 1password every day

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johnnyNui,

I'm sure we can help you get things back on track! I had a question about something you mentioned:

I guess I originally got it from app store, then got the reg key emailed to me.

Do you mean you have a license for the AgileBits Store version of 1Password 4/5/6 for Mac? If so, then you don't need to worry about the Mac App Store version at all - you simply need to activate the AgileBits Store version with your license file. If necessary, you can have your license resent to you in an email. We have more information here: https://support.1password.com/trial-expired/#if-you-purchased-1password-from-the-agilebits-store

On the other hand, if I misunderstood and you don't have a license for 1Password 4/5/6 from the AgileBits Store, and the AgileBits Store version can no longer read your Mac App Store receipt, you should be able to fix that by reinstalling and opening the Mac App Store version once. However, apps purchased from the Mac App Store are tied to the Country/Region setting for your Apple ID, and it sounds like you changed the country setting and can no longer download 1Password from there.

In that case, if you can send us a copy or screenshot of the email receipt you received from Apple when you purchased 1Password from the Mac App Store, and we'll help you out one way or another. Just email that to support+licenses@agilebits.com and also include a link to this forum discussion and your forum username so we can "connect the dots". Once you've sent the email, feel free to reply here with the Support ID number you receive in the automated reply from our BitBot assistant, and we'll be able to track down your email to make sure you hear back from someone as soon as possible. Thanks! :)

• johnnyNui
    johnnyNui
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

@Drew_AG I hope we can fix this....

I cannot find the email from the app store. I can find the email from you guys that includes a license key, but that is not really helping, I'm not sure where I purchased from first, I thought that I purchased from agile bits website, but then when I am logged in to the UK app store, it does show that 1password is a purchased item.

I also find it disappointing that you can't look up purchase history in your records. Then you could just tell me about what I did 7 or 8 years ago, instead of me trying to search my swiss cheese of a memory.

a question...
    I had 1password from version 3 (maybe even version 2), were you on the app store at that time?

I have a support email from 2010 from Mike Tselikman helping me reinstall it then after an upgrade to ver 3.

any help appreciated.

edit.
    just searched old emails...
    I found a PayPal receipt for purchase of 1password on 18 May 2010
    so I must have purchased directly from agile bits, and not app store (right?)

but somehow i have the app store version installed.... phew what a complex situation.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @johnnyNui,

Sorry this has been so confusing! We'll figure this out one way or another. I hope you don't mind, but I've split your posts into a separate thread so we can focus on your specific situation.

I searched our license system for the email address from your forum account, and I found a 1Password 3 for Mac license that you purchased back in May of 2010. It sounds like that's the same purchase you found in a PayPal receipt (so that receipt is showing a purchase you made from our own AgileBits Store, not the Mac App Store). 1Password 4/5/6 for Mac was a paid upgrade from version 3, but it sounds like you may have purchased a newer version from the Mac App Store instead of our site.

You said you "had to restore the previous version". Does that mean you restored 1Password 6.6.1 on your Mac? If so, and you go to 1Password 6 > License from the menu bar, does that show you purchased it from the Mac App Store? That would have been a separate purchase from the one you made on our web store in 2010 (I believe we started selling 1Password on the Mac App Store in 2011).

Unfortunately we wouldn't have a record of your Mac App Store purchase in our own records though, because that purchase would have been through Apple (we don't receive any individual customer information from Apple). That's why I asked if you could send us a copy of your email receipt from Apple. If you still have that email, it would have been from Apple, or the App Store, or possibly (and confusingly) from the iTunes Store.

Alternately, you also said that when you're "logged in to the UK app store, it does show that 1password is a purchased item." Are you still able to log into the UK App Store? If so, you could do that and take a screenshot of 1Password in your purchased items list and email that to us as proof of purchase (if you can't find the email receipt from Apple).

Again, I'm sorry this has become a bit of a confusing situation, but don't worry, we will help you get things sorted out! :)

• johnnyNui
    johnnyNui
    Community Member
    edited March 2017

@Drew_AG yes I'm back on 6.6.1 , and when i look at license, it shows that it was from the app store.

I was able to switch app store to UK (there is a flag at the bottom of the app store, you click on that to switch to another country).
    I've emailed again (first email i got a reply with a list of things to try, and i tried them all without success).

hopefully i get somewhere this time.
    ------edit

i managed to get into the iTunes purchase history, and it shows the 1password purchase. so I've emailed that too.
    for others - iTunes > account > view my account > purchase history

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @johnnyNui! We received your email, and I'll add some internal notes from this forum discussion so it's easier for our support team to get up to speed with the issue. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible with more information, and we'll keep the conversation going directly via email to avoid complicating things between here and there. :)

ref: AJT-43196-188

This discussion has been closed.