1Password Extension (v. 4.6.3) disables latest Responsive Design Mode in Firefox 52?

Options
josephtatum
josephtatum
Community Member
edited March 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I recently updated to Firefox version 52 and was excited about the updated responsive design mode features only to find that after updating, they weren't available and I still was seeing the previous version. I completely reset Firefox and this fixed the issue. However, I installed all of my extensions again to find it had started to load the old version again. After uninstalling them all again and reinstalling them 1 by 1, the 1Password extension seems to be the culprit. When it's installed, I see the old responsive design mode. When it's uninstalled I see the new one.

Not sure if there's anything you guys can do right now OR if I'm just an insane person, but I just wanted you guys to be aware this is seemingly happening to someone.

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Mac
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @josephtatum,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to the 1Password forums! As you have found 1Password is the culprit - since we don't fully support Firefox in Multi-Process mode (AKA e10s mode) yet, we automatically disable it when you install the 1Password extension.

The new Responsive Design Mode in Firefox is dependant on Firefox running with e10s mode and that's why 1Password is causing it to revert to use the older version of the Responsive Design Mode tool.

We are currently working on moving our Firefox extension over to use Web Extensions which will give us e10s support. The main reason we disable e10s in Firefox is to support 1Password's 1-Click bookmark feature. If you don't use that feature then you can force e10s to be on in Firefox by:

1. Type about:config into your address bar.
    2. Right-click and create a new Boolean setting called "browser.tabs.remote.force-enable" and set it to true.
    3. Restart Firefox.

I hope this helps - if you've any further questions or something doesn't makes sense don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• josephtatum
    josephtatum
    Community Member
    Options

@matthew_ag You're a life saver! Thanks so much for explaining that in detail and telling me about that solution :chuffed:

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey no problem @josephtatum - you're very welcome :chuffed:

Glad that helped. Do let us know if you've any other questions about 1Password or hit other issues - we'd be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.