Login/password disappears on MacOSX after refreshing 1P on Android

marcinz
marcinz
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

I'm hitting a problem similar to what some other users mentioned, but not sure it's the same.

Here's the scenario:

• I have a 1P entry on MacOSX, and on Android.
  • They both don't have a login/password (but do other details).
  • I add a login/password on MacOSX, wait a few seconds
  • I open 1password on Android, wait a few seconds.
  • I see it downloading 1 file
  • The password does not show on Android
  • I refresh it again (swipe down), it shows as uploading 1 file
  • MacOSX shows a tiny message that I changed one entry
  • the login/password is gone in both places

Note, only login/password fields disappear, the entry (including the website address) is preserved.

This is super scary, naturally

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:disappear

Comments

• marcinz
    marcinz
    Community Member

I'm hitting a very similar problem, with MacOSX + Android 1password.

I have an entry on MacOSX. I add there a login/password. Then I open 1password on Android, wait a few seconds, MacOSX shows a tiny message that I changed one entry, and the login/password disappears.

Note, only login/password fields disappear, the entry (including the website address) is preserved.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017

Hi @marcinz

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password! I've merge both of @marcinz threads here to keep the conversation going in one place and be able to help you better. I'd like to ask you to send Diagnostics Reports from both devices that you're having trouble with so we can get some more input on what might be causing something as strange as this.

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• marcinz
    marcinz
    Community Member

Hi Pilar,
    Sure, I sent the data to your support :)
    m.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marcinz,

I wanted to make sure we received your diagnostics report email, but I couldn't find it when I searched for the email address from your forum account. After sending that email, did you receive a reply from the BitBot assistant? If so, please let us know the support ID from that response so we can track your message down and ensure it gets answered quickly. Thanks!

• marcinz
    marcinz
    Community Member

Hi @Drew_AG , I sent an email to support@agilebits.com (that's what the reporting tool filled in), and I did get a reply but it didn't have a support id, just some generic text.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

@marcinz, what sort of "generic text" was in the email? Was it a confirmation that we received your diagnostics report?

Did you sent the email & report from the same email address associated with your forum account? I wasn't able to find anything from you in our email system when I searched for that address, so if that's the address you used, I don't think we received it.

• marcinz
    marcinz
    Community Member

@Drew_AG Sorry, seems i used another email address to register. I resent the email from that address to support+forum@agilebits.com.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @marcinz

Thanks for sending the Diagnostics Reports, we found them! Someone will be in touch with you over email soon, thanks for your patience. We'll get to the bottom of this soon ;)

ref: INW-99994-749

This discussion has been closed.