How do I consolidate passwords & payment info from various sources?

jameesh
jameesh
Community Member

My passwords and payment info is currently spread all over and I can hardly remember what's where: Mac keychain, Safari Passwords (is that the same thing?), old Dashlane account, newly revived 1Password, half-started StickyPass ... I can' even keep track of all my password managers anymore! How can I consolidate all of these into 1Password?

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: iCloud or Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dashlane

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2017

@jameesh ,

You can use the converter suite to help you retrieve and convert your OS X/iCloud Keychain and StickyPass Password passwords. Safari passwords are stored in the OS X/iCloud) Keychain.

I do not have a Dashlane converter since its export format is badly broken CSV, but you can manually massage its export in a spreadsheet program and then use the csv converter to import that file.

I'm afraid I can't comment on your forgotten password managers! :-)

Use the 1.10 converter in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post of the converter suite. The README.pdf will guide you, and includes export instructions for each password manager.

Once you have them all imported into 1Password, you can sort out your entries.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jameesh,

I hope MrC's reply was helpful for you! Please let us know how it all goes and if you have any questions or need more help with that. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.