I updated to v 6.6.2 at least 3 times but I keep getting a request to update. Why?

elsa_frisco
elsa_frisco
Community Member

Same as title

1Password Version: 6.6.1?
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macos10.12.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I updated to v 6.6.2 at least 3 times but I keep getting a request to update. Why?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @elsa_frisco,

Sorry for our delayed response! Are you still having trouble installing the update for 6.6.2? If you go to 1Password > About 1Password from the menu bar, does that confirm you still have 6.6.1 installed?

Are you using the version of 1Password from our website? If so, try downloading the full installer from our download site, then run the .pkg installer. After that, check the version number again. If it still shows 6.6.1, drag the 1Password 6.app file from Applications to the Trash, reboot your Mac, and run the .pkg installer again (you can re-download it again if necessary).

Does that help? If you're still having trouble with that, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

• elsa_frisco
    elsa_frisco
    Community Member

I have not received the message to update as of yesterday so I assume I now have v. 6.6.2. I think I did what you suggested in your response. However, what I do NOT have is an icon for 1Password on my icon list that will just open 1Password therefore I have no way to go to 1Password>about 1Password. I lost this icon when I was trying to update to 6.6.2. What do I do now? Thanks for your previous response.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @elsa_frisco,

...what I do NOT have is an icon for 1Password on my icon list that will just open 1Password...

When you say "icon list" do you mean the Dock on your Mac (usually along the bottom of the screen)? The icons in the Dock are just shortcuts to the actual app files. Is it possible you dragged the 1Password icon out of the Dock instead of dragging the 1Password app from the Applications folder to the Trash? Dragging an icon out of the Dock only removes the shortcut to the app - the app itself will remain in the Applications folder.

But regardless of how 1Password was removed from the Dock, it should be easy to re-add it there. Just open the Applications folder on your Mac, find the 1Password app in there, and drag it to the Dock. That will create a new shortcut, and you can click on that to launch the 1Password app.

If I misunderstood what you meant, or if you're still having trouble with that, please let us know. :)

• elsa_frisco
    elsa_frisco
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. Just by sending you my comment I tend to figure out what I have to do. I guess it is mental telepathy from you. I am all OK ! Thanks for all your help.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news, @elsa_frisco! Those mental telepathy classes I took finally paid off! :lol:

I'm glad to hear you figured that out. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know. :)

This discussion has been closed.