Cannot fill in Safari but works in Firefox

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Web browser extension - Form fill does not work anymore.

Comments

• tentmaker
    tentmaker
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

1Password has stopped filling in names and passwords on Safari

• tentmaker
    tentmaker
    Community Member
    Options

1Password has stopped filling in names and passwords on Safari 7.0.6 under OS X 10.9.5, although the extension works correctly on Firefox. I uninstalled and re-installed both extensions and restarted my iMac. I also made sure all the 1Password preferences were set as described on your support page.

Now what/

• tentmaker
    tentmaker
    Community Member
    Options

Now what/

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tentmaker,

I've split your posts away from the other thread as it's a very different issue. The fact that it is working in Firefox is a good clue you're not seeing the trial expired behaviour :smile:

Can you confirm the version of Safari you have please. I have Safari 9.1.3 in OS X 10.9.5 and the extension works. I do believe older versions of Safari are incompatible but Mavericks should be able to run a new enough version of Safari that works with version 4.6.3 of the 1Password Safari Extension. It may be you have updates available and that installing them will resolve this.

• tentmaker
    tentmaker
    Community Member
    Options

I updated Safari to 9.1.3 and 1Password now works as expected. Thanks for your reply and pointing me to the need to update.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @tentmaker,

I'm just happy everything is working properly now :smile: Safari 7 is a bit old so it's probably not a bad thing to have updated anyway. With a little luck everything runs smoothly but if you should run into any issues please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.