'Feature' or 'Bug'? 1Password mini

Tbanger9
Tbanger9
Community Member

I'm frustrated by the 1password mini 'behaviour' when recalling passwords.

When I click on the menu icon, the list appears as normal. I have some 'Favourites' set up, and hovering over any of them brings up their window. All good so far. However, when I move the mouse over to the password field, I see a box with a little 'down' arrow. This is meant to give me a 'selection' of copy, view and large type. It's here that I find 'strange' inconsistencies happen. If I click that little arrow, the list drops down then quickly disappears. If I click it again, the list appears and 'stays' appearing, as I 'think' it should the first time? It takes 2 clicks to have the list selection available. Granted it's not a 'biggy', but when trying to work 'fast' this gets annoying.

This isn't the 'only' gripe I have with this little window. When I do manage to select the item I want from the list, for example, the 'copy' function, the whole 1password mini, disappears!!! I suppose this is meant to be a helpful 'feature' so one can get on 'working' and have the copied password available.... but the thing that bugs me, is I'm often, never quite sure, I have actually copied the password??... It happens so quick, I feel there should be some kind of reassurance I have copied the password? I had 'splashID' before 1password and it did exactly that. I saw 'copied' after hitting the copy button.

I made a low res screen recording, but not sure I should post it here or not.

1Password 6
Version 6.6.1 (661010)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.6.1
OS Version: 10.12.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Tbanger9,

That first issue was definitely annoying, the good news is that a fix for that is coming in the next update.

The second issue is something that we'll consider as we re-work the behaviors in mini.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.