Web Access to 1Password Family Account on iPhone 4

Options
ortnpalms
ortnpalms
Community Member

I signed up for the trial of 1Password for Families primarily because I want to access my passwords from an old iPhone 4 over the web. (The current version of the 1Password app doesn't work on the iPhone 4 and I can't get the workaround to download an earlier version using iTunes that is suggested in this forum to work.)

My problem is that when I access my account ([username].1password.com) on the iPhone 4 the browser screen shows up blank. There are no sign-in fields or anything. It is totally blank. This is the case regardless of whether I use the Safari browser or the Opera browser that I installed. What can I do?

By the way, signing in over the web on an iPhone 6 with Safari works just fine.

Thanks.

Jim

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Web Access to 1Password Family Account on iPhone 4

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hi @ortnpalms! I'm sorry about that. I suspect it's due to the version of Safari your iPhone 4 has on it, which may not support the cryptography standard used by 1Password.com. What version of iOS is installed on that device? We can take a closer look if it is indeed compatible with the server. You can try Opera and Chrome as well to see if those work.

• ortnpalms
    ortnpalms
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Jacob. The iOS version is 7.1.2 (11D257). It's the highest version available for that phone. whatismybrowser.com reports that I'm using Safari 7. I also have Opera installed but I can't tell what version. I just downloaded it so I assume it's the highest version that this phone can accept. It also produces just a blank screen. I tried to download Chrome but it requires iOS 9.0 or later.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ortnpalms: Unfortunately all browsers on iOS are using Safari. They're just frontons for Apple's browser engine. If you're not able to update to a newer version of iOS (and therefore Safari) you won't be able to access 1Password.com there, as its security depends on improvements made to Safari (and other browsers) since 2015. I believe it works in iOS 9, for example. Also, older versions of Safari won't have support for newer HTTPS cyphers, or important security fixes. I wasn't aware that Chrome was requiring iOS 9 now, but I suspect that is for much the same reason. It just isn't feasible technically or advisable security-wise to use 1Password with an outdated browser and OS. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you.

This discussion has been closed.