Can't copy or move favorites doesn't work.

Hotspur781
Hotspur781
Community Member

This is driving me crazy. I'm trying to copy Favorites from a Personal vault to a Shared vault and while it says "13 Items Copied!" they don't appear in the Shared Vault. I tried to Move them but now they've completely vanished and I'm going to have to re-add them all. I've tried this on the website, the Mac app, and the iPad app and it simply doesn't work.

I'd appreciate a reply. I've been a longtime 1PW customer but this transition to the new system has been really hard.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:favorites

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Hotspur781,

I'm sorry you're having such difficulty copying/moving items from one vault to another!

When you look for the copied items in your Shared vault, are you only checking Favorites, or have you also looked in All Items? The reason I ask is because, when copying or moving an item to a shared vault, the 'favorite' status of that item is not retained. (That's intended behavior.) So if you're looking in the Favorites list of your Shared vault, you won't see the items you copied. Instead, click on All Vaults to verify those items are there.

Could that explain why you weren't seeing those items in your Shared vault? If so, you'll probably have duplicates of those items in Shared now, since it sounds like you tried copying them several times (you can simply delete the duplicate copies).

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you still can't find those items in your Shared vault. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.