Long item names are not shown fully on the Mac

mostafa
mostafa
Community Member
edited March 2017 in Mac

Long item names are trimmed and shown with an ellipsis on the Mac client. I have to switch to edit mode and use cursor to see the last part of the long names. They are shown fully on the iOS client. Can the Mac version do the same and show the full names?

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: macOS 10.12.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mostafa,

It sounds like you simply need to make the 1Password app window wider so you can see more of the text in those titles. Just click & drag the right edge of the main 1Password app window to the right.

Does that help? If I misunderstood, please let us know. Thanks! :)

• mostafa
    mostafa
    Community Member

Hi.

Sure, I can resize the window, but that would not be necessary if the app could show the full names properly. Mail.app, as an example, wraps long subjects and shows them in full.

I understand this does not have a high priority, but it would be a small improvement for the app.

BR,
    Mostafa

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mostafa,

Ah, I see what you mean - thanks for clarifying! I can see how wrapping the title text would be helpful if you have items with long names and don't want to resize the window. I can't say for sure if or when we'll add something like that, but we definitely appreciate the feedback! If you need anything else, we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.